Saturday, September 24, 2011

knit knit kharma...

I have been on a hat kick. I often will make up a hat when I have just "that little bit" left of a certain yarn or when I want to experiment with a new style or stitch. I had a growing collection of knit and crochet hats in a bag in my closet, just waiting for a head of their very own. A couple of weeks ago I told Asa that I wanted to make something to donate, either to hospitals for newborn babies or to some organization that knew how to distribute knit and crocheted gifts to those that needed them.  It was really spooky when I got an email from Craftsy pretty much the next day, telling me just how I could donate my hats. As you can see, these hats are all sizes, shapes, and colors.  I still have a few baby hats that I will send along for an organization that specializes in newborns.
a rainbow of hats for Kendall
These hats will be on their way to Kaps for Kendall.  This organization helps raise money to fight Fanconi Anemia and to provide special hats for kids who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy and radiation. I decided to go with this organization because it seemed magical to me that I should get the email about Kaps for Kendall so close to talking with Asa about a donation. (And DESPITE the fact that they spell Kaps with a K - a personal sticking point for us Martins, who refuse to camp anywhere if its spelled with a K!)

Just follow the links above to see how you can help (either with a cash donation or the donation of new, cool, colorful hats).

No comments:

Post a Comment