Saturday, August 20, 2011

and I'm off...

Once I got all of that work spread out in my tiny living room, I have to admit I was a bit embarrassed!  I'm also a bit embarrassed to tell you that I forgot all about two other projects that I found balled up in the bottom of my yarn basket.
more projects approaching completion

I started to make a mesh market basket a long time ago as a gift for someone. It was a chain letter sort of deal. I have 1 year to make something homemade and send it to this person. Thank goodness I found it after only 8 months, I still have 4 months to finish it!  It uses a very thin yarn and hook, so its not ideal for car crocheting.  I put it aside and just forgot all about it...and it got buried under all of the heaps of new yarn I keep buying.  I'll have to get cracking on that one too.

I also found a little hat I made with left over pink yarn. The hat itself is finished. The idea was to sew little ears and eyes and a snout on it to make it a piglet hat.  That has not happened yet.  I guess given these two omitted projects I should increase my promised amount of finished projects to four. That will be four completed projects before I start in on that red yarn. It is just screaming to become a Little Red Riding Hood!
a finished project : garter stitch green sweater
 But, I did FINISH something last night.  It was the green sweater.  It is not perfect, that's for sure.  But, it does look like the picture, except for the button holes.  The button holes are a bit rough on this thing... They do hold the cutest little owl buttons, but they are a bit sloppy.  I hope to improve my technique with future projects (or to just use tiny buttons that don't require special techniques to make holes for them).

No comments:

Post a Comment